Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Wichita Falls? Normally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for video surveillance: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Even though your provider can recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
While you might find it unlikely that an intruder would attempt to casually enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions take place near the front door. You also have package thieves among other threats to consider. A video doorbell is perfect to tackle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are nice as you are able to converse with people who come and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can reply to each instance with two-direction audio and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a person begins doing something criminal, you will have your video doorbell automatically record a clip and send it to your mobile phone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of tips to help ensure your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your Wichita Falls house allow for an impressive field-of-view, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or into a bit of cladding or edging are excellent options for cameras as they will be partly hidden by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you may know!
- Overlooking a patio or back door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the road.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Most From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Wichita Falls. But the additional versatility means you have additional aspects to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should make sure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light through a window can cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Aim your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to an observation deck, a security camera located in an elevated area will have a broader view. You might situate your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t be able to defend your property if it’s broken. Install your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest video camera will fail to be of much use if you have a plant in the way. However, decor or foliage also have the ability to hide your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (940) 217-5181 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.