How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Wichita Falls
You know you must protect your home. Beyond everything else, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your belongings. But what type of home defense is best? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Wichita Falls and see what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at all times. Whenever a door sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring professionals are issued an immediate warning. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the applicable emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with a backup team. You might consider this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you must respond to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Wichita Falls
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll reply faster to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior equipment and smooth integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security specialist, you will gain access to a fully connected system with components that may be superior to what you will discover yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Countless individuals would rather have the job done by skilled professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement will be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Wichita Falls
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Some may consider this a benefit as they can install the system themselves and not have an installation charge. Other residents may wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to integrate equipment when you wish - and from different manufacturers. However, you may find incorporating into a seamless system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your alarms. If an emergency arises, it’s up to you to get help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t get a security notification? This scenario equates to additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need a helping hand during an install, you may have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Wichita Falls
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Wichita Falls from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best option for you. Dial (940) 217-5181 today to customize your package.