Home security cameras can easily be placed as a deterrent—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with an array of features all tailor-made to provide all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools help you to have the most from security cameras in Wichita Falls.
How To Set Up Your Wichita Falls Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is placing them in the proper spots within your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, and yards, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that aren’t quite as imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the bedroom can hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the first step in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Wichita Falls. The additions described below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your smart device the instant strange activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin recording when activity is discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your video surveillance to record and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the unit. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more complete view of any space. Opt for cameras that have at least 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to secure specific spots within your living space.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and ignore animals passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Wichita Falls is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (940) 217-5181 or fill out the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.