How Will Geofencing In Wichita Falls Work With A Security System?
Modern residential security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform basic security tasks like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Wichita Falls, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Wichita Falls For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your residence, which you may arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all devices onto a single network. You can draw a virtual “fence” around your house and program particular actions as you move beyond the specified border.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your property, you can set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Wichita Falls. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to signal that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make certain equipment activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Wichita Falls
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our representatives today at (940) 217-5181 or submit the form below to start designing your perfect security system.